In modern Japanese slang, the term Otaku (おたく) is mostly equivalent to “geek” or “nerd”. However Otaku term has a somewhat negative connotation in Japanese, it is used for someone who doesn’t have a life (no social life, no love life, etc). In English, Otaku usually refers to an obsessive fan of anime/manga. But a real anime fan doesn’t care what society think about them. They feel proud on being an Otaku because it’s really Ota-Cool.
Being a fan of anything inevitably leads to problems unique to that fandom and anime is no different. Some of these problems are listed down that only a true anime nerd can understand.
That awkward otaku moment when,
1. You can’t decide between Subs vs Dubs
2. You try acting cool like an anime character in public
3. You just can’t stop fan-girling over your favorite character and it creeps out others
4. You lost in day-dreaming of your loving anime character
5. You go crazy explaining your favorite anime series to friends
6. You want to do this whosoever insult your OTP
7. You try to explain your Parents that anime is not only for kids
8. You can’t decide whether to read manga or watch anime first
9. Your favorite character dies in anime/manga
10. You start using Japanese words in day to day life
11.Waiting for weeks, months or even years for an anime episode to be released
12. You can’t hide crush on an anime character
13. You justify that you watched hentai just for the plot
Whats your justification for this!!
Errgh, means what was your embarrassing awkward moment that you have encountered ever, on being an Otaku.
Do share in the comments.
Keep watching anime and read manga. #proudOtaku