Do you work non-stop at the office?
Do you think the more time you put in, the more you’ll get done? or,
Do you have a long to-do list packed with tasks which not let you take even a 5 minute break time?
Well, if answer of any/all the above question is YES, then you may be sabotaging your efforts; working non-stop is not the best way to get work done.
Why break time needed in office hours?
Breaks give you much needed time to rest your eyes, move around, stretch your stiff muscles, get more blood and oxygen flowing to brain, to unwind and obtain a fresh outlook on complex work problems. Stretching longer can decrease your productivity in the long run. Your intelligent brain need breaks from time to time.
You maybe thinking you take enough breaks during office work. You check your smartphone for whats app messages, scroll Facebook, retweet on Twitter and even give likes on the pics of your favorite celebrity on Instagram. But to be honest, do you really count them in as breaks? These activities hardly give enough time to energize your body and restore your concentration and productivity.
Taking frequent breaks is good for productivity, focus, and creativity. As strange as it may sound, but taking regular breaks throughout the day requires discipline and a little bit of planning.
Actually, the reason why so many people push themselves to the limit of exhaustion is simple – they just can not think of any interesting activities they can do, during their break time. So here are ten ways that can help you to improve your productivity by utilizing your well-deserved break time:
1. Leave your cell-phone in office and take a “No Phone Walk”
2. Eat some snacks to refresh your mood
3. Grab a cup of Coffee and chit-chat on topics other than work
4. Doodling or drawing also increases creativity
5. Listening to music help in releasing the stress
6. Play sudoku, solve rubiks cube, or do puzzles to increase focus and sharpen your mind
7. Stretching exercises increases blood-flow and oxygenates the brain, so get moving
8. Drink a glass full and splash a handful on face to energize yourself
9. Read a fictional book, fiction expands the scope of your imaginations
10. And the best of all, take “NAP”. Whether you’re ill, upset or stressed, napping is the best remedy to refresh your brain
So now you know – how to utilize to the best your office break time. But sometimes it really becomes hard to get any breaks in between work. However there are some smart tricks which can help you get some free break time out of your busy office work, why not give this a try How to steal time for break at work?
Share your thoughts and tell what you do in your break time?